About Niocycle Technologies
Niocycle Technologies was founded in 2021 in Turkey and aims to innovate sustainability by developing critical and strategic technologies to industrial and institutional stakeholders. Currently, Niocycle is in one of the greatest incubators of Turkey, Bilişim Vadisi. Our first project resolves around the development of an innovative, digitalized and environmentally friendly lithium-ion recycling process.
We are currently looking for motivated people who want to join us in our journey and are not afraid to take risks. All applications are welcome. Reach out to us if you are open-minded, innovative, have a hunch for sustainable solutions and developments, can work in a volatile start-up environment and like to exchange ideas within an international team.
Job description and tasks
Niocycle Technologies is looking for Process Engineer(s) to support the development of the recycling plant for processing Lithium-Ion Batteries. For this, your tasks also revolve around the technology implementation, validation, upscaling, risk assessment, mitigation, process and layout design, and more. Beyond that, this position also requires the applicant to be open and considerate about safety, regulations, and overall operational efficiency. Hands-on chemical experimentations and upscaling procedures are required.
The applicant will be free to design and develop the best-practice and most efficient solution.
- Conduct fundamental research with literature and establish a knowledgebase,
- Use tools and expertise for process design and exploration/ modelling,
- Process design and engineering for supportive components, e.g., pumps, valves, etc.,
- Plan procurement and component list,
Prototypes and MVPs
- Manage information about prototypes and MVPs,
- Conduct medium upscaling procedure for the chemical process,
- Define specifications for the MVPs and process designs,
- Batch vs continuous process designs, process parallelization, process control, inlet and outlet controls, process automation, P&ID, HVAC, HSOP, pipe systems, motors, pumps, reactor selection, corrosion, acidity, etc.
- Lead commissioning of prototypes/ MVPs,
- Support the development and validation of prototypes/ MVPs,
- Perform industrial benchmarking, feasibility and competition analysis,
Pilot-line and industrialization
- Act as contact for issues related to the chemical processes of the pilot line,
- Conduct large upscaling procedure for the chemical process,
- Process and plant planning
- with P&ID, flow charts, HVAC, HSOP, maintenance or reliability scheduling,
- Plan procurement and component list for pilot-line,
- Develop process control and monitoring system
- Identification of interfaces for predictive and reactive maintenance
- Commission pilot-line and benchmark vs. competitors
- Establish Use-, maintenance and machinery files
- Responsible for the used equipment, devices and facility,
- Write reports, protocols and prepare presentations.
- Confident to work alone and in a small team,
- Desired experience in process design, batch processing, safety,
- Familiar with process assessments, Design of Experiment and good scientific practices,
- Familiar with project and time management,
- Preferable with Science and Technology background
- Good communication skills in English and Turkish
- Familiar with some tools like MS Office, Minitab, Matlab, LabView, Aspen, ChemCAD
- Open workspace with different companies to connect and exchange at Bilişim Vadisi
- Activities (table tennis, table football, outdoor basketball)
- Cafés and Restaurants
- Starting date: from November 2022 onwards
- Location: Gebze/Kocaeli
- Full-time employment
How to apply?
Niocycle Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and will evaluate all applications individually and anonymously. If you are interested, please send us your full application to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF file with:
- Motivation letter
- CV or LinkedIn profile link
- Transcript of Records/ Grades
- Job references
- Relevant certifications (optional)
If you have any questions about the advertised position, feel free to reach out to Fatih email@example.com by referring to this job advertisement.