About Niocycle Technologies
Niocycle Technologies was founded in 2021 in Turkey and aims to innovate sustainability by developing critical and strategic technologies to industrial and institutional stakeholders. Currently, Niocycle is in one of the greatest incubators of Turkey, Bilişim Vadisi. Our first project resolves around the development of an innovative, digitalized and environmentally friendly lithium-ion recycling process.
We are currently looking for motivated people who want to join us in our journey and are not afraid to take risks. All applications are welcome. Reach out to us if you are open-minded, innovative, have a hunch for sustainable solutions and developments, can work in a volatile start-up environment and like to exchange ideas within an international team.
Job description and tasks
The Technology & Science department of Niocycle Technologies is looking for a Chemical Engineer to realize a chemical recovery and recycling plant for electrical and electronic equipment, specifically for Lithium-Ion Batteries in Gebze, Turkey. For this, your tasks mainly resolve around the determination of up-scaling potentials and implementation of solutions for chemical/ hydrometallurgical processes. The desired solution needs to fulfill the pre-defined requirements and goals of Niocycle Technologies pilot line and consider various safety regulations, parallelization possibilities and overall operational efficiency. Additionally, intermediate sized experimentations in reactors can be considered. Even though the final goal and outputs are pre-defined, the Chemical Engineer will be free to design and develop the best-practice and most efficient solution to the given issue.
The major part of the work can be conducted remotely however sufficient work spaces are available at Bilişim Vadisi. At this role, you will have a lot of freedom to operate, include own ideas and inspirations whereas Niocycle is open for all applicants.
- Conduct fundamental research and literature review
- Identification of upscaling needs, lay-out planning and upscaling processes
- Conduct preliminary studies in laboratory scales for different chemical processes
- Process and plant planning with P&ID, flow charts, HVAC
- Plan procurement and component list for pilot-line (materials and operation costs)
- Develop process control system (pipelines, currents, etc.)
- Build prototypes, perform tests, define specifications
- Commission pilot-line and benchmark vs. competitors
- Establish Use-, maintenance and machinery files
- Identification of interfaces for predictive and reactive maintenance
- Act as contact for issues related to the pilot line
- Manage information collection and flow about the pilot line
- Responsible for the used equipment, devices and facility
- Write reports, protocols and prepare presentations
- Work with and extend the digital library
- Confident to work alone and in a small team
- Prior experience in batch and upscaling processes of acidic and toxic materials
- Graduate of STEM, preferably chemical engineering, environmental engineering, materials science or related fields ideally experience in separation technologies
- Know-how in project management, industrial process development and realization
- Work experience of at least 3 years in chemical engineering or related sectors
- Good communication skills in English
- Familiar with MS Office tools
- Open workspace with different companies to connect and exchange at Bilişim Vadisi
- Relaxing activities (table tennis, table football)
- Cafés and Restaurants
- Starting date: from June 2022 onwards
- Location: Gebze/Kocaeli, 41400
- Working times: 5 working days per week
How to apply?
Niocycle Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and will evaluate all applications individually and anonymously. If you are interested, please send us your full application to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF file with:
- Motivation letter
- CV or LinkedIn profile link
- Transcript of Records/ Grades
- Job references
- Relevant certifications (optional)
If you have any questions about the advertised position, feel free to reach out to Fatih email@example.com by referring to this job advertisement.